Climax has been teaching the fundamentals and fine points of portable machine tool operation for practically as long as we’ve been inventing and building the tools. And now we offer even more – with training that impacts the core of your business.
The Climax Global Learning Center, situated in our corporate headquarters near Portland, Oregon, provides training for machine tool operators on tool setup, mounting, operation and safety, with the vast majority of every program devoted to hands-on activities and skills development. The Climax instructional team includes specialists in shipbuilding, power generation, civil engineering, bridge re-building and other industries.
A full complement of regularly scheduled courses in basic and advanced tool operation is available. Click here for the Tuition Schedule.
Typical courses cover the following subject matter:
- Operator safety
- Tool component review and setup
- Standard operational techniques
- Overview of cutting tools and recommended usage
- Maintenance procedures
Other specialized training available on:
- Lean Principles – identifying and eliminating waste
- Creativity and Innovation
- Creating a Breakthrough Culture
- Building a Community Campus/Internship Program